Sunday, February 27, 2011

Some Changes...

I generally don't like doing State of the Blog posts, as I'm assuming that no one gives a shit, but there are a few things I want to address that can't be subtly woven into the fourth paragraph of my next review. So, anyway, onto business:

PROFILE NAME

I'm going to be commenting as Nathaniel Katz rather than The Evil Hat from now on, because the latter moniker felt distinctly odd in some places. Not a big change, but I figured I'd just throw it out there on here.

MAGAZINES

It's occurred to me that doing a full length review for every issue of Fantasy & Science Fiction Magazine and others was a bit of an odd way to go about things and would also take a rather disproportionate share of review slots. Instead, I'm going to do a more informal piece shortly after the publication of each issue. Speaking of which, could that be the March/April issue on my desk? What a happy coincidence!

UP AND COMING (AND ESSENTIAL?)

Is no longer up and coming, as it has deemed to be nonessential. As evidenced by how delayed each of those posts was getting, I was finding them to be more and more of a chore, and I'm not seeing any benefit from putting them together. When it comes to books off the beaten path that I spot heading this way, I'll still be sure to say something, but I don't think that anyone's gaining anything by me pointing out that The Wise Man's Fear is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment